Flight Centre's resident radio jockey, Rhys, spoke to Dubai Eye's Stef, Mark and Zahra on The Ticket to share this week's Deal of the Week.
We're suckers for the exotic sights and smells of India, from exploring ancient forts in Jaipur, to tasting the distinctive and aromatic spices found in authentic Indian cuisine while exploring the hidden bazaars of Old Delhi. So what makes the 3.5 hour journey from the UAE even sweeter? A two-for-one deal usually does the trick.
So where are we going? On the Taj Express Golden Triangle Tour to India. That's Delhi, Jaipur and Agra.
This is where we'll begin and end our tour, and once arriving into Delhi you will have a day at leisure where you can lose yourself in the hidden bazaars of this magical city, explore the emerging art galleries and even head to New Delhi for a night on the town. Need some inspiration on how to spend your downtime in Delhi? Head to Palika Bazaar and Janpath Markets for an amazing flea market experience. Another option is to explore Hauz Khas Village, its narrow lanes are hives of activity, bursting with quaint cafes and art galleries. Looking for a totally authentic experience? Head to Yeti, a Himalayan restaurant serving Nepali and Tibetan dishes - and of course, a trip to a Nepali restaurant is never complete without tasting mouth-watering momos!
The capital of Rajasthan, Jaipur is an explosion of vibrant colours, stunning architecture and endearing hospitality. It completes the Golden Triangle as the third corner, and is often referred to as "The Pink City" following the welcoming of the Prince of Wales in 1876 which saw the entire city painted pink. Get lost in the Old City, wandering the cities streets amid ancient bazaars selling colourful textiles and intricate jewels. The major attraction in Jaipur is the Amber Fort, a formidable architectual feat and jarring vision of yellow and pink sandstone, formerly the royal residence of the Rajput Maharajas.
No words are needed to describe the awe inspiring beauty that is the Taj Mahal. Built by Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his beloved wife, the Taj Mahal is often described as the most extravagant monument ever built for love.
Want more travel inspiration for India? Check out our Travel Guide.
What does your trip include?
- Return economy class airfare for 2 persons
- 7 nights accomodation in 3 or 4 star hotels
- 7 breakfasts and 2 dinners
- Elephant ride in Amber Fort - Jaipur
- Tour of Delhi, Jaipur, Bharatpur and Agra
- All transfers and transport
- Specialist local guides
- English speaking Indian tour leader for groups of 6 or more
- Old and New Delhi - the magnificent Red Fort, India's largest mosque Jama Masjid and Ghandi's crematoriun Raj Ghat
- The Pink City of Jaipur - the lofty Amber Fort, the regal City Palace and the ancient observatory of Jantar Mantar
- Fatehpur Sikri - an ancient abandoned Mughal city
- Rickshaw ride around Leoladeo Ghana National Park - a UNESCO Heritage site famous for its amazing array of birdlife
- Abhaneri Step Well famous and iconic 9th century well
- The spectacular Taj Mahal - India's most famous monument in all its glory at sunset
- An optional elephant ride into Jaipur's Amber Fort as the Raj would have done. Opt to travel by Jeep if you'd prefer to let the elephants take a break from tourists.
- Agra - the beautiful Agra Fort and Mughal mausoleum known as the Baby Taj
- Bharatput - rural India at its friendliest